The admission criteria are as follows:
- Female, age 18 years or older
- Admit to a problem with alcohol and/or other drugs
- Contact us for an interview, expressing the desire to seek recovery from
alcohol and other drug abuse
- Commit to a minimum of 30 days residency
- Be medically stable and ambulatory
- Be alcohol and drug free for at least seven days prior to being admitted to house
- Agree to abide by house rules, participate in daily schedules and rotate
responsibility for household chores
- Have a strong commitment to change
- Agree to create a recovery network
- Be willing to seek employment and work toward independent living.
Open Door Recovery House provides a supportive environment using standard 12 Step and Christian principles to improve the quality of life for women who are seeking help with alcohol or other drug abuse. It is our desire to provide a supportive Christian environment for women to transition back into the community from correctional or other facilities.